If you’re a new member or you are thinking of joining, with a view to taking out a loan, we will do our very best to accommodate you.
You can apply for a loan online, over the phone or by calling into our office. You can print off a Loan Application from the Downloads Page and send it into us with supporting documentation and history of previous loans elsewhere (if any).
All you need to supply is the following:
- Completed loan application form – you can start the process by an online enquiry here
- Apply online and upload your documents securely – click here to start your application –https://apply.carlowcreditunion.ie
- Evidence of income, e.g. pay slip, social welfare, pension letter etc. (3 most recent & consecutive)
- 3 full months of bank statements on headed paper for the account your income comes into and also 3 full months on your Revolut account, dated no later than 6 weeks ago. For all other bank accounts, one most recent month on headed paper will suffice. We require the statements on headed paper. Downloaded transaction lists are not acceptable.
If you are self-employed, you need to supply the following:
- Set of audited accounts for the last 2 years
- 3 months business and personal bank statements
- Letter of confirmation from your accountant that your tax affairs are up to date
It goes without saying that every loan application is treated in the strictest of confidence. Just because we’re a community based credit union doesn’t mean that the community knows everyone’s business. We deal with every member on a one-to-one basis.
Would you like to speak with one of our loan officers?
Click here for our opening hours – https://carlowcreditunion.ie/contact/
We are open late in Carlow office on Fridays until 7pm.
There is no need to make an appointment. Our loan officers are always on duty and available to discuss your loan requirements. Our Mobile Lending Officer can meet you by appointment at our sub offices.
- Credit Manager – Siobhán Gray
- Credit Officers – Marian, Louise, Aine, Tom, Ger, Angela, Shane, Joan, Olivia & Karen (Carlow Head Office)
– Mobile Lending Officer (Mayo/Doonane sub office) by arrangement
– Mobile Lending Officer (Rathvilly sub office) by arrangement
To save time, please fill out an application form before seeing a loans officer and have your documentation ready.
- You can fill it out in the waiting room (we always have a stack on hand)
- You can call or email us in advance and we will send it to you
- You can download our loan application form here from the Downloads Page
- You can apply online, upload your documents and even have the loan transferred to your Bank Account when approved. Click here to start your application https://apply.carlowcreditunion.ie
- If you are supplying online bank statements and payslips you receive via email, please have a PDF of your bank statement on headed paper, downloaded on your phone, together with your 3 payslips. We have a secure folder online system where you will be able to send them to us.
Got your loan approved but can’t get time off work to call and collect.
No worries! We now have a full online loan service where we can send the loan documentation
securely to you to sign online with a few simple clicks.
When you send the documents back to us, we can then transfer the loan
electronically to your Bank Account.
Got a query?
Phone our Lending Team on (059) 9131994 or Mobile 086/0100671
Email our Lending Team directly on – email@example.com
Call in – no appointment necessary in our Carlow office.