Technology is making it quicker and easier to stay on top of your finances wherever and whenever you want. As more of our members choose to use new ways of banking such as phone, tablet or computer, we’re committed to keeping their information secure. At the same time you can help minimise the risks to yourself by being security conscious when you’re online or on your phone. While we may contact you to discuss the operation of your account, to send you product related messages, or for feedback on your credit union experience please remember these points:
Members should never:
- Click on or open suspicious links and attachments.
- Respond to unsolicited text messages or emails.
- Provide your full credit union log on details in a pop-up window.
Carlow District Credit Union will never:
- Send you a link directly to the login page of our online banking pages.
- Send you an email with a direct link to your latest transactions.
- Ask you to share your full 6 digit PIN.
- Ask you to transfer money out of your account to protect yourself from fraud.
- Request your account information through an onscreen pop-up window.
Carlow District Credit Union Online Banking will always ask online members for:
- Three random digits from your 6-digit PIN – never more, never less.
- Your full member number
You should always:
- Check recent transactions. If any unfamiliar transactions are listed, contact Carlow District Credit Union immediately.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date on all devices.
- Inform the credit union of any changes to personal details relating to your credit union account.
- Log out of your online banking session before closing your browser.
- Ensure you only transfer funds to known and trusted beneficiaries/account numbers.