Position: Chief Executive Officer/ Manager
Carlow District Credit Union is at the heart of the community for over 50 years. Established in 1963, for over 50 years Carlow District Credit Union limited has been at the heart of the community and we never lost sight of our core values of a cooperation, equality and mutual self-help. We are here for people, not for profit. Headquartered in Carlow with assets in excess of €100 million and three branch offices in Rathvilly, Mayo Donnane and Ballon. Our co-op based financial institution is owned by our members which now exceeds 32,000 in number, who save and borrow with us on a regular basis.
Principal responsibilities of the Role:
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and will be primarily responsible for the management and optimal delivery of all day-to-day and operational activities of CDCU. The appointed person will provide strategic leadership to develop and drive the business forward to achieve the ambitious growth and digitalisation targets. The CEO will establish and maintain standards of performance for all the services provided and will be responsible for the implementation of policies and compliance requirements governing all CDCU operations. The CEO will represent CDCU in the public domain. He/she will establish and maintain standards of performance for all services provided, taking into account the requirement to achieve and maintain excellence in servicing the needs of members and the Board
Key Requirements & Competencies:
- Develop and implement the strategic and business objectives as articulated in the strategic plan
- Effective direction, leadership and development and motivation of management and staff.
- Full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law and health and safety
- Challenge the staff and management with appropriate targets aligned with strategic objectives and agreed revenue and expenditure budgets and ensure the successful delivery of all strategic objectives.
- Ensure high quality internal controls to safeguard the assets of the members of Carlow District Credit Union
- Oversee the performance of Carlow District Credit Union to maximise financial return and service to members
- Effective oversight of the financial control framework and operational frameworks
- Assist the Board in formulating and reviewing policies for all aspects of the business
- Lead the planning, implementation and creative development of all marketing and growth strategies
- Devise, and manage targets and performance standards for all employees and key areas of the business plan
- Support the Board of Directors in all aspects of their Governance role
- To propose for Board approval, policies and operational plans in relation to the remuneration and conditions of service of staff, as well as in relation to all matters pertaining to staffing numbers, recruitment, promotion and organisation structures. To ensure that plans are in place for the development and training of staff, and to monitor implementation.
- To report to the Board at each meeting and to keep the Board informed of all matters relevant to its role, and to advise the Chairman on all relevant matters arising between Board meetings.
- To oversee the reporting to the Board by management, and the presentation of proposals, discussion papers, etc, requiring decisions by the Board.
- To represent the Credit Union in its dealings with external bodies and to undertake such negotiations with staff, external service providers, partners and other Credit Unions as may be necessary. To undertake such representational and/or ceremonial duties as may be directed by the Board.
- To be responsible for the Credit Union complying with all statutory and other appropriate regulatory requirements.
- To support the Board in the discharge of its role as the elected representative body of the Credit Union.
- To foster good relations between the credit union and the local community and peer/industry bodies.
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the Board.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- 10 years’ experience in working within the Financial Services industry is necessary, 5 of which are at a senior management level leading and managing a large and diverse workforce
- Appropriate third level degree / Professional Banker. Candidates with a QFA and minimum 5+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role in financial services will be considered
- A strong financial services background with a forward-looking and growth mind-set
- Exceptional people management and motivational skills
- Proven achievement in HR delivery including employee relations, performance and remuneration, change management and organisation development
- Demonstrated capabilities in business improvements and change management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly member- focused with an emphasis on delivery and growth
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in technology developments
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Leadership skills and communication skills, with the ability to manage stakeholder, customer and third-party relationships.
This is a pre-approved control function under the Central Bank fitness and probity regime.
How to Apply:
Applications including CV and cover letter by email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 31st January 2019
Short listing may apply and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
The remuneration package offered will be commensurate with the seniority of this position.
Carlow District Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer