Carlow District Credit Union Ltd.
Currently have the following position available:
Job Title: Teller – 12 Month Contract
Carlow District Credit Union Limited
Credit Union House
or such other location within the common bond, including sub-offices as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Directors.
Reporting to: Service Manager
Tellers are accountable to the Service Manager of the credit union for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union and provide quality services to the members.
Tellers act as the front line for the credit union and provide customer service, account opening. Foreign exchange services and cash handling services.
- A minimum of 2 years or more relevant financial services experience, ideally in a credit union or banking environment.
- Excellent keyboard skills and proficiency in MS Office, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- QFA Desirable or willing to work towards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing quality service to members by telephone, post, email and face-to-face at the credit union offices.
- Processing lodgements, withdrawals, foreign exchange and issuing approved loans.
- Provide teller function accurately and diligently while handling cash, reconciling balances and at end of day cash balancing.
- Opening accounts for new members and related functions.
- Perform a range of supportive duties including filing and administrative tasks.
- Undertake relevant training where required.
- Deal with queries and respond to requests for information from members in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Work at all times in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Preserve confidentiality, and Data Protection principles and adhere to the rules, policies and procedures of the credit union and other legislation.
- Some experience working in a customer service environment involving interaction with customers and cash transactions.
- Strong customer focus and proven commitment to customer excellence standards at all times.
- Strong administration and problem-solving abilities.
- Providing the members of the Credit Union with a courteous, pleasant and professional service. This can be via the phone, face to face interaction, through our website / email or by providing back office support.
- Back office administrative / operational duties as the needs of the office dictate
- Significant experience in face to face, online and telephony customer service.
- Ability to work on own initiate
Key Performance Indicators
- The quality of customer service.
- The accuracy & quantity of work performed.
- The quality of member files and reporting to the Operations Manager or Membership Committee and Board of Directors, where requested by the Operations Manager.
- The quality of decision making.
- The level of compliments received.
- Participation and contribution to CDCU’s business development plan.
All applications to be emailed with CV and covering letter to email@example.com closing date Friday November 5th at 12 pm.
Carlow District Credit Union Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Carlow District Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.