Carlow District Credit Union Ltd (CDCU) is seeking applications for the post of Caretaker.
This is a permanent part-time position consisting of 25 hours spread over 5 days (Monday – Friday)
This position will be primarily based at our Head Office, Credit Union House, Askea, but may involve working at other offices under the management of CDCU, which will require applicants to have a full clean driving licence and their own transport. See job description below.
Skills that are required for this position include the following:
- Well organised and capable of prioritising their own work
- Ability to work on their own and/or capable of supervising people
- Be flexible and enjoy a varied routine
- Understanding of safe working practices and Health and Safety legislation
- Be honest, responsible and reliable
Applications should be submitted in writing, giving a brief outline of employment history to date addressed to:
The CEO, Carlow District Credit Union Ltd, Askea, Carlow
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrive by close of business Tuesday 21st November 2017.
Canvassing will disqualify.
CDCU is an equal opportunities employer.
CDCU is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- To ensure that the grounds, including grass and planted areas, and all premises belonging to CDCU are well maintained and are kept free of litter, and bins are emptied and collected at all times.
- To open the premises at the start of each work day and ensure it is securely locked at the end of each day. Ensure all windows are locked at the end of each day and that all CCTV monitors are turned on and off and any faults are reported to the CEO.
- Ensure a safe passage to and from the car parks and street entrances exists for members or visitors and signage is displayed warning of any dangers.
- Take and maintain delivered items and dispatch goods and materials as instructed. To assist with the collection and dispatch of daily post when requested.
- Keep up to date records of all stock and records and monitor stock levels to ensure continuous supplies of stationary and cleaning products are available.
- Ensure routine and preventive maintenance clear blockages and clean spills and dispose of waste material as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation, set up and removal of promotional or seasonal materials for events held in any of our offices or in external locations as directed. This includes set of location of AGM. Preparation of Board rooms for meeting as directed.
- Carry out minor repairs such as changing light bulbs, mending broken windows, doors or equipment along with other fixtures and fittings.
- Informing the CEO of any planned maintenance agreed with external contractors and facilitating access to their work areas.
- Carryout and record the results of regular tests on electrical generator, ensuring there is sufficient fuel to provide emergency power when required.
- Report any suspicious activity observed in any part of the grounds or premises.