Service Manager Carlow District Credit Union Ltd
Job Title: Service Manager
Carlow District Credit Union Limited (CDCU)
Credit Union House
Or such other location within the common bond, including sub-offices as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Directors.
Reporting to: CEO
The primary function is to ensures the efficient and effective operations of the CU on an ongoing basis, manage, develop and control the operations function across all CDCU offices, proactively contribute to its long-term development and sustainability; assist the CEO to optimise the resources of the CU including human, technical and financial; takes overall responsibility for internal controls including maintenance and enhancement of policies, procedures, standards and controls and adherence to regulatory requirements; deputises for other management roles when the CEO requires. Manage the credit control activity within CDCU.
The individual should be dynamic, energetic and have a strong track record of operations & people management from a service background.
- Leads the service delivery team and credit control team to ensure first class service to members in adherence with BOD policies, office procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinates and quality controls all aspects of the work of operations and credit control across all sub offices.
- Monitors the CU’s positioning in relation to innovation in service delivery channels and other areas; makes recommendations and prepares detailed proposals for application of relevant innovations; including management of the roll out of new products and services.
- Lead and motivate employee personal development and training plans through the performance management system
- Responsible for the motivation, coordination and leadership of employees within operations and credit control.
- Formulate and implement the goals, objectives and standards for the Operations/credit control team.
- Lead operations within the risk and control framework of Carlow District Credit Union Credit Union and ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements.
- Perform capacity and resource management to support the timely execution of tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage the operations budget within the overall credit union budget cycle.
- Identify and implement process improvements, service enhancements and provide technical guidance to ensure the growth of the team.
- Manage all aspects of the credit union’s information technology, health and safety policies and contingency plans.
- Map the strategic development of the operations function within the context of the credit union’s overall strategic plan.
- Work with other functional areas to develop the credit union
- Maintain and develop good working relationship with suppliers
- Ensure that the process and procedures are in place to effectively handle and respond to member feedback.
- Manage all projects in an efficient and proactive manner
- Coach and motivate staff to support you in the delivery of the operational goals and responsibilities
- Manage human resource issues; maintains personnel files in relation to annual leave, sick leave etc.;
PRINCIPAL PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- The quality of delivery channels, processes and customer service across operations and credit control services
- The identification and mitigation of operational risks
- The quality of reporting to the CEO, Credit Committee, and Board of Directors
- The quality of operational and internal control decision making
- Effective supervision of the performance of operational and credit control staff
- The level of complaints from Members regarding customer service provided by the credit union
|Member Relationship Management||Expert|
|Communication and influencing skills||Strong to Expert|
|Teamwork and collaboration||Strong to Expert|
|Manages the production & implementation of numerous plans||Expert|
|Creates a climate of continues improvement||Strong|
|Maintains effectiveness during periods of change & promotes and champions change||Expert|
|Influences & shapes the organisations strategic objectives.||Strong to Expert|
|Problem solving and decision making||Expert|
|Achieving results – delivering business success (digital, social media)||Strong to Expert|
- A minimum of 5 years working within Retail Banking or a Credit Union.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant operations/customer service experience, ideally in a retail banking or credit union environment
- A minimum of three years people management experience
- A track record of achievement in a similar role
- A relevant Professional/ Financial services qualification.
- Ability to assess, critically evaluate, interpret complex information and to identify key risk drivers in the operational environment.
- Strong customer focus and proven commitment to customer excellence standards at all times.
- Ability to work on own initiate to deliver agreed targets.
Please forward Cover Letter, CV and salary expectation in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12pm on 13th July 2020.