With our online banking, you can access your credit union account any time you wish, anywhere you want. All you need is Internet access.
Once registered, you can:
- Check your account balance and recent transactions
- Receive electronic payments, e.g. wages, social welfare, child benefit
- Transfer funds to your bank account and other third parties (*Maximum transfer online of 2k)
- Switch funds from one credit union account to another
- Pay bills – register the details, we check and approve them
To register for online banking, you just need to complete a short form.
Please note that you will be asked for your member number, so be sure you have it to hand.
Once you have completed the online registration form, you just need to call into one of our offices with the following documents:
- Proof of identification, e.g. current passport, driving licence
- Proof of address, e.g. recent utility bill dated within the last three months
Our staff will then authenticate your account and issue you with a unique PIN.
If you have any queries about our online banking service, feel free to call our Member Services Desk on 059 913 1994.
Carlow District Credit Union is registered for SEPA payments only and is not reachable for SWIFT payments and they cannot be accepted.
If as a member you wish to transfer funds into your account, then the payment should be made as a SEPA payment only. If you are aware that a third party is making a payment into your account, it is advisable that they tell their financial institution that the payment should be made via SEPA. If a payment is sent in any other way, for example by SWIFT, the payment will be rejected by our processing Bank and the Payer may incur a rejection charge that he/she may be liable for.
What is a SEPA payment?
SEPA stands for Single Euro Payments Area. A SEPA payment is sent through the SEPA Scheme. The SEPA payment scheme was created to simplify euro transfers between EU member states.
The SEPA scheme consists of the 27 EU Member States plus Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco, the United Kingdom and San Marino.
To make a SEPA payment you need:
- The IBAN of the person you want to pay
- The bank to which you are sending the payment to be a member of the SEPA scheme
- The payment to be in euro
Please note: Carlow District Credit Union is unable to accept SWIFT payments. You may incur charges if you attempt to send money to your account in Carlow District Credit Union via SWIFT.